Friday, June 6, 2014

Stitch Fix Review #6 and Foodie Friday





Another Stitch Fix has arrived!  It has been so nice to get messages here and there letting me know that someone decided to try Stitch Fix. It really is the reason why I share on the blog :)

For all of you who don't know what Stitch Fix is already, well here it is: A personal styling service that mails you 5 items as often as you would like. You can keep or return anything. The best part is the postage paid return envelope they give you. All you have to do is stick what you don't want in the bag and put it out for the USPS!

For this fix, I had some pins in my June Stitch Fix board to help guide my stylist. Once again, I got Emily as a stylist and was very pleased. I said I wanted casual tops for the summer and wouldn't mind some yellow thrown in there :)

By the way, My 6 and 4 year old boys were my photographers. It was all I had :) Notice some extra ladies sneaking in for a photo opportunity.

I am on the fence about two items. I like them and of course if I buy all 5 pieces I save 25% and basically get the bangle for free.

Here is what I received:











1. Margaret Elizabeth Ally Teardrop Stone Bangle in Grey $88

I have been stalking this jewelry designer, Margaret Elizabeth on Instagram for months. I am obsessed with her pieces. Seeing them in person was even better. Such great quality. I really wanted the turquoise or white stone one, so I am not sure if I should keep the grey.



The ally bangle in white










2. Le Sample Kahlo Embroidered Raicerback Tank in Olive - $48

I asked for this tank, loving the orange one. I like this one for the yellow detail. This is sooooooo comfortable and fits just right. Thank God for the loose top style that is all over. This mama is so thankful for it :)









3. Kut from the Kloth Somerville Printed Short Sleeve Top - $38

I am in love. I saw this on another blogger's review and pinned it to my pinterest page. Let's just say that after trying it on this morning, I never took it off. Perfect with white pants and even better with some boyfriend jeans.












4. Collective Concepts Niko Texture Detail Tie-Neck Blouse - $68 

Here is some more yellow. I am on the fence with this shirt. I love the yellow and it would be a great casual top for the summer.











5. Sanctuary Arrie Cargo Short - $68

Shorts are shorts, right? Nope! My Old Navy and Target shorts are not made this well. These have a soft elastic material and also a stretch waste band. Perfect for everyone :) I love the color and was missing this from my summer wardrobe.








What should I keep?



Here are my past fixes :)






Menu Plan




Here are some perfect warm weather meals :)


Menu Plan




Sunday - BLT Salad with Chopped with Corn, Feta, and Avocado

 Monday - Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Healthy Coleslaw

Tuesday - Wok Seared Chicken and Vegetables

Wednesday -  Rosemary-Lime Wild Salmon Kabobs with Quinoa

Thursday - Grilled Greek Style Pork Chops with Tomato Cucumber Salad

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Carrot Salad with Tahini and Crisped Chickpeas with Salmon burgers



What will you be eating this week?

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I really love the yellow top. I think it looks great on you. I am not one to choose yellow either, but think that I *should* try yellow. Also, the shorts look comfy and cute.

    I received a maxi dress that was a dress version of the striped tank at the top of your post. I returned my dress, but I did appreciate the really nice embroidery detail. It was not cheaply done. The tank looks good on you also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the shorts and the yellow blouse are keepers!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips